|Kristin Andreassen and Jefferson Hamer, "Heaven's Elevator" (Single)
The true story of a family of Norwegian-Oregonians who were told when the world would end, and so prepared accordingly. They weren't correct, but they got a good story to pass on to their great-granddaughter Kristin.
|Session Americana featuring Jefferson Hamer, "Great Shakes"
Great Shakes is the latest album by Session Americana. Produced by Jefferson Hamer and Session Americana, Mixed by Paul Q. Kolderie.
"Gorgeous; ten beautifully-crafted and perfectly-arranged songs, six highly-gifted players and vocal harmonies to die for."
-Music Riot UK
|Anais Mitchell and Jefferson Hamer, "Child Ballads"
Wilderland Records. Rel. 2013
Music and Lyrics Adapted and Arranged by Anais Mitchell and Jefferson Hamer. Child Ballads is a collection of traditional songs from the British Isles, named after their collector, Francis James Child. Anais and Jefferson recorded the album in early 2012 with legendary Nashville producer Gary Paczosa. Their versions have been carefully re-imagined to reflect an American sensibility as well as a deep respect for the tradition. Child Ballads was nominated for 2 BBC Folk awards, and was named one of the top 10 Folk and Americana releases of 2013 by National Public Radio (NPR).
|Eamon O'Leary and Jefferson Hamer, "The Murphy Beds"
rel. 2012 (Digital Download and CD available)
A collection of ten traditional song arrangements, made in collaboration with Dublin-born musician Eamon O'Leary. Harmony vocals, bouzouki, guitar, and mandolin weave a stark, beautiful tapestry on this simply produced album. "The resulting album bears repeated listening from start to finish, with ten beautiful, crystalline songs.” -Huffington Post.
|Jefferson Hamer, "This Ragged World We Spanned"
rel. 2011 (7" Vinyl Record and Download available)
This 2-sided record features Jefferson's original title track on side A, and new interpretation of the classic "Barbara Ellen" on side B. The solo acoustic performance was captured on analog tape at Brooklyn's Media Blitz studio by Jacob Silver, and pressed into 7" vinyl for warmth and a vintage feel. Artwork is hand-letterpress on heavy paper, designed and printed at Bison Bookbinding, Bellingham, WA.
|Laura Cortese and Jefferson Hamer "Two Amps, One Microphone"
rel. 2010 (Digital Download and CD available)
This album features original songs by Jefferson and fiddler Laura Cortese, played live through two guitar amplifiers, sung in close harmony through one large-diaghraphm microphone. The recording was engineered by Matt Malikowski in February, 2010, at sorely missed Boston area collective recording studio Hi-N-Dry.
|Jefferson Hamer "Left Wing Sweetheart"
out of print
Jefferson's first solo album, a mostly electric collection of original songs, was recorded at Denver's NFA studios in 2004 by engineer Colin Bricker. Bandmates include Yonder Mountain String Band bassist Ben Kaufmann, keyboardist Erik Deutsch, drummer Marc Dalio, and producer and legendary slide guitarist Sally Van Meter.
- 2016 – Session Americana “Great Shakes” (production, guitar, vocal, songs)
- 2014 – Session Americana “Pack Up the Circus” (guitar, vocals)
- 2014 – Reed Foehl “Lost in the West” (songs, guitar, co-producer)
- 2014 – The Duhks “Beyond the Blue” (guitar, vocals)
- 2013 – Robert Sarazin Blake “Robt Sarazin Blake” (guitar)
- 2013 – Anais Mitchell and Jefferson Hamer “Child Ballads” (vocals, guitar, arrangement)
- 2012 – Eamon O’Leary and Jefferson Hamer “The Murphy Beds” (vocals, guitar, mandolin, arrangement, engineering and production)
- 2012 – Session Americana “Love and Dirt” (vocals, guitar, mandolin)
- 2012 – Anais Mitchell “Young Man in America” (vocals, guitar)
- 2012 – These United States “These United States” (guitar)
- 2012 – Steven Vidaic “Hearts Look Twice” (guitar)
- 2011 – The Poison Oaks “Pine” (guitar)
- 2011 – Joy Kills Sorrow “This Unknown Science” (songs)
- 2011 – Session Americana “Live” (mandolin)
- 2011 – Jefferson Hamer “This Ragged World We Spanned” (songs, vocals, guitar)
- 2011 – Kris Delmhorst “Cars” (mandolin, guitar, vocals)
- 2011 – Robert Sarazin Blake “Put It All Down In A Letter” (guitar)
- 2010 – Mike and Ruthy “Million to One” (guitar)
- 2010 – Boulder Acoustic Society “Champion of Disaster” (producer)
- 2010 – Laura Cortese and Jefferson Hamer “Two Amps, One Microphone” (songs, vocals, guitar)
- 2009 – Reed Foehl “Once an Ocean” (songs, guitar, co-producer)
- 2007 – Great American Taxi “Streets of Gold” (songs, vocals, guitar)
- 2005 – Jefferson Hamer “Left Wing Sweetheart” (songs, vocals, guitar)
- 2004 – KC Groves “Something Familiar” (vocals, banjo)
- 2001 – Single Malt Band (songs, vocals, guitar, banjo)